Monday, January 30, 2012

thirty: day 1

Kissed both of Y’s hands before drop off @ sitter's
Arrived @ work “early”!
Work decorations
“Happy Birthday!’s” in the hall
The “how hold are you?’s” and the “how it feels to be THIRTY” conversations
Slow morning... doodled with stencil found on desk. pleased.
Mom: first pt of the day
Lunch: McD’s ~ 2 McChickens (no mayo/lettuce, extra pickle, mustard), Fruit’n’yogurt parfait.
Ate lunch and caught up on messages [work].
Snack: Birthday cake
Yay! (I said that alot today. too much maybe.) birthday gift certificates from co-workers~ i thought maybe we’d abolished that this year... it gets complicated. BUT i am glad we didn’t, after all. :D
Busy Busy afternoon... I made a mistake, but i did my best to correct it, to the degree i was able.
I remembered my puppetering days in HS were MORE than 10 year ago. GOSH.
Last patient of the day: Dad
Worked late: 6p
Listened to Ben Folds in the car.
Greeted by Yosie asking if I wanted to earn a sticker by coloring.
David made dinner! Yay Homestyle Bakes. Sodium? whatever. Yum!
Yosie stuffed her face with the pc of chocolate cake I brought home.
David left to run errands.
Yosie took a bath while I browsed a magazine.
Bedtime ~ read from Richard Scary compilation book.
She seemed asleep when I got up, but when I layed her down she started talking about how she knows how to catch a fish. I covered her, kissed her. “mmhmm” i said. “good night. te amo.”
changed out of scrubs and into hooded sweatshirt (yay Goodwill Virginia) and holey old yoga pants.
plans: helping D prepare to move SKB into The Coffee Pot tomorrow.
read?: The Complete Stories, by Flannery O’Connor

 


2 comments: